Shhh! Don’t tell them they are learning! This awesome game-based learning tool will have your students on the edge of their seats just waiting to answer the next question! They don’t do that with worksheets!
Teachers create multiple-choice quizzes from scratch or use other teachers’ quizzes as a starting point. Then launch the game, which gives students instructions on accessing the game with any device: laptop, iPad, Android phone, Chromebook, etc. It works on any device with an internet browser. The questions are displayed on the screen in the classroom and students answer the question as quickly as they can. The faster they answer, the more points they receive- just like the trivia games at the local bar & grill!
A few other features:
- Students don’t need accounts- just the game’s PIN
- Every question is followed by a bar graph showing the distribution of answers
- The top 5 scores are displayed on the screen
- Students enter their nicknames to play- inappropriate words are filtered out
- Game-show type music plays as the questions are presented
- Each question is timed separately
- All answers/scores are recorded and available for download as an .xls file at the end
- There are over 30,000 public quizzes waiting for you to use or modify and make your own
Side note: notice this is the first blog post in quite some time! Hopefully we can be better about blogging about what’s going on in our digital adventures!